- Welcome to Strathcona
- Reclaim Prior! April 1 2013
- NEW: 2013 Statement On Viaducts Removal and Prior Street Calming
- NEW: Traffic on Prior Getting Worse: Car Hits House
- Viaducts and Prior Street
- Mayor's Comments on Prior, July 24 2012
- Reconnect Strathcona
- Reclaim Prior, the Video
- Reclaim Prior 2012
- Prior Traffic and Health
- Letter from the Chair
- SRA response
- Grandview-Woodland Response
- Residents' Association
- Links and Resources
- News / Events
- Exploring Our History
Strathcona is Vancouver's oldest residential neighbourhood. It is bordered by Chinatown (Gore Avenue) to the west, Clark Drive to the east, Burrard Inlet waterfront on the north, and Malkin Street on the border of False Creek Flats to the south.
As defined in the Strathcona Revitalization Committee's * document:
Strathcona 2010 A Clear Vision for our Community
These boundaries are consistent with the catchment areas for the Strathcona Community Centre Association, the Strathcona Elementary School, and the Strathcona Business Improvement Association. It also conforms closely to the boundaries described in the Strathcona Community Plan (1992)...
* The Strathcona Revitalization Committee was founded in 2004 as a coalition of voluntary citizen organizations of residents and business in the Strathcona area. Member Organizations include: Strathcona Property Owners and Tenants Association (affiliation of Chinese-speaking residents); The Strathcona Community Centre Association; The RayCam Cooperative Centre Association; The Strathcona Business Improvement Association and The Strathcona Residents' Association. This report identifies Strathcona consistent with the boundaries of the Community Centre and School catchment areas and the city-defined Business Improvement Area.
For a detailed and interactive map of Strathcona; including services and residential/commercial mapping - please visit City of Vancouver's VanMap page