Strathcona Residents’ Association Council Meeting (SRA)
Agenda for May 4, 2016.
Potluck, 6:30, May 4. Everyone is encouraged to attend!
Strathcona Community Centre
7:15 Meeting called to order (Chair)
Those in attendance are reminded to sign in.
· Film Committee Update: (Caroline Newfield)
· CED Committee Update: Update on City of Vancouver Community Economic Development Committee (Pete Fry or Wilson Liang)
· Community Economic Development Committee Update: (Pete Fry)
· Prior Street Committee Update: A brief review of the committee’s plans to calm Prior until traffic is diverted and an update on the city’s planning progress for the alternative route. (Committee representative)
· Hastings Street Update: Results from the recent survey about the types of businesses local residents would like to see on East Hastings Street. (Elena Zysblat)
As well, an update on the outcome from the April 12th meeting about the brewery and tasting room planned to open this spring at East Hastings and Campbell Street. (Guy Wakeman)
Ray-Cam Update (Guy Wakeman)
8:00 Motion for discussion 1
SRA is considering joining the Metro Vancouver Alliance (MVA) to strengthen our ability to achieve our community goals. Patricia McSherry has been invited to share the benefits with us.
8:00 Motion for discussion 2
SRA is considering hosting a meeting to address the concerns of the neighbouring communities directly affected by the 5 major local developments in this part of our city. Prior to the meeting we will invite neighbouring local community groups to share their concerns on these projects. At this meeting SRA will invite representatives from each to address our collective concerns regarding these projects. The developments in questions include the Vancouver port expansion, the new St. Paul’s hospital, the developments on East Hastings Street, The False Creek Flats, and the Viaduct removal and prior street plans.
8:00 Motion for discussion 3
Motion to Transfer SRA funds from the Strathcona Community Centre to a new SRA account at Vancity credit Union. Bridget Mackezie.