Air Quality Forum
The SRA will be hosting an Air Quality Forum on Sunday, Oct. 23 from 1-4 PM at the nə́c̓aʔmat ct (Strathcona) library. The Forum will feature speakers from Metro Vancouver, UBC, and the Port to discuss the health effects of air pollution, local pollutants and pollution levels, the community air quality monitoring study that we’ve started recently, plus future challenges and opportunities for reducing the air pollution that impacts everyone in our neighbourhood.
This is a FREE event that is open to all. Light refreshments will be provided.
- Amanda Giang, UBC Air Quality Scientist, Institute for Resources, Environment and Sustainability and the Department of Mechanical Engineering, UBCUBC
- Rivkah Gardner-Folick, PhD Graduate Student Research, UBC
- Brian Beveridge, Co-Director, West Oakland Environmental Indicators Project
- Ken Reid, Superintendent, Environmental Sampling and Monitoring, Air Quality and Climate Change, Metro Vancouver
- John Linder, Air Quality Planner, Air Quality and Climate Change, Metro Vancouver
- Ronan Chester, Manager, Strategic Environmental Initiatives, Port of Vancouver
- Christine Rigby, Manager, Climate Action and Air Quality, Port of Vancouver
- Nancy Chan, Graduate Student Researcher, Masters of Urban Studies Program, SFU
- Trefor Smith – Environment Lead for the Strathcona Residents Association