Update (Feb. 16 2021)
February 20, 2021
Updates from our CoV Engineering liaison person on Prior Street work progress:
- Contractor working on the bus shelter foundations is almost finished.
- BC Hydro still has some cable pulling to do; they will be on site for the next few weeks. The cable pulling will not impact street restoration.
- Street restoration beginning Feb 17:
- The concrete crews will be first on site. They will start at the Gore end of Prior and work eastbound. They expect to finish by the end of March.
- Asphalt crews start the second week of March and also expect to finish by the end of March.
- The barriers will be placed by the street crews in March once the asphalt is repaired.
- Paintwork (lines and crosswalk colours) will follow in April, which aligns well with warmer temperatures needed to paint successfully.
- As discussed before, the restoration will be limited to the areas that were damaged by utility works.