Noise Variance Permit
Notification Letter to Residents
July 27, 2021
This letter is to notify residents that the City of Vancouver has granted a Variance of Construction Hours for the New St Paul’s project located at 1002 Station Street. PCL Construction as the General Contractor will be managing and overseeing this project, with Darrin Joss (PCL) as the Site General Superintendent.
This noise variance notification is for:
- July 29 & 30, August 3 to 27 starting at 6:00 AM to 7:30 AM (Monday to Friday)
- August 14 & 21 9:00am to 10:00am (Saturdays)
During these hours, trucks will be loaded with excavated materials within the New St Paul’s site, approximately 500ft from the nearest residential area. Noise levels from this work have been tested and are expected to remain low. Hauling materials during these hours will have the following benefits to the public:
- Reduced emissions with hauling outside of peak traffic hours – less idling on City streets in traffic.
- Reduce the overall duration of hauling for the project.
- Reduce congestion on the City streets by spacing the cycle of the trucks.
- Avoid increased traffic on the City streets during peak hours.
Should you have any questions or concerns, please contact Darrin Joss, PCL Site General Superintendent at (604)-335-2669 for further information.