August 20, 2023
Draft Guiding Principles
Aug 20, 2023
- Promote Community. Encourage, support and recognize the efforts of individual residents and local groups to build a sense of community and common bonds.
- Preserve and improve green space. Advocate for the regular maintenance and improvement of our parks. Push Park Board to make Strathcona Park more resident-centric.
- Affordable housing. Support creative ways to increase affordable housing (this might include higher density, revisiting RT-3 zoning regulations, co-ops, co-housing and other alternate forms of ownership.)
- Calm Traffic. Advocate for discouraging cut-through traffic on local streets and continuing efforts to reduce and slow traffic on Prior.
- Preserving neighbourhood. Prevent surrounding development from eroding the quality of life and urban village character of Strathcona.
- Support artists in securing places to create and display their work.
- Support local businesses, especially our corner stores.
- Air Quality. Recognize the air quality challenges we face and advocate for mitigations.